Roscoe A. Poland Environmental Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection documents local agriculture, business, construction, economic conditions, the environment, land, parks, recreation, and tourism. It consists of correspondence, publications, maps and other data relating to a series of public hearings held pursuant to the Wilderness Act (PL88-577) of 1964 regarding the disposition of environmentally sensitive localities.
- Poland, Roscoe A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Roscoe A. Poland has been active in wilderness conservation since the mid-1950s. His personal efforts began with writing letters to public officials and grew with the publication of The Conservation Call in the Spring of 1969, which still appears regularly.
3.75 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is organized as follows: materials dealing with California locales are in box 1; boxes 2 and 3 contain materials on other localities and are arranged alphabetically by state.
Source of Acquisition
Roscoe A. and Wilma Poland
Accruals and Additions
- Environmental impact statements--California
- Environmental impact statements--United States
- Personal Papers
- Poland, Roscoe A.--Archives
- United States. Wilderness Act
- Wilderness areas--Environmental aspects--California--History--20th century--Sources
- Wilderness areas--Environmental aspects--United States--History--20th century--Sources
- Wilderness areas--Law and legislation--United States
- Roscoe A. Poland Environmental Collection
- André Ausems
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note