Asian American Student Alliance Collection
Scope and Contents
The Asian American Student Alliance Collection dates from 1981-1992, with the bulk of materials dated 1981-83. It consists solely of paper records. The collection documents the association's meetings, budget, elections, and activities. Included are: activity flyers promoting the AASA's many events such as dances, trips, and programs they sponsored; flyers and maps from the group's trip to Manzanar; and programs from the First Annual Indo-Chinese High School Conference at San Diego State University sponsored by the AASA, as well as the Fourteenth Annual Asian and Pacific Islander Student Union Statewide Conference. There is no filing order.
- Majority of material found in 1981-1983
- Asian American Student Alliance (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some of these materials have been transferred to or belong to San Diego State University. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections means that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
The Asian American Student Alliance (AASA) at San Diego State University was founded for the academic, social, and cultural benefit of the University's Asian American student population.
0.42 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Asian American college students--California--San Diego--Societies, etc
- City planning--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Organizational Records
- San Diego (Calif.)--Social life and customs--Sources
- San Diego State University--Students--Societies, etc
- San Diego State University. Asian American Student Alliance--Archives
- San Diego State University. Asian American Student Alliance--History--Sources
- Asian American Student Alliance Collection
- Jennifer Hollander
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note