Jack Stumpf Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes working papers, correspondence, memoranda, course material, research topics, and professional activities.
- Stumpf, Jack (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Dr. Jack Stumpf was one of five original faculty members of SDSU's School of Social Work. During his 21 years at SDSU, Dr. Stumpf played a key role in the development of the School of Social Work, served as Associate Dean, authored or co-authored numerous books and articles, and served as a delegate under three U.S. Presidential administrations before retiring in 1986.
2.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Personal Papers
- San Diego State University--Administration--Sources
- San Diego State University--Faculty--Biography--Sources
- San Diego State University. School of Social Work--History--Sources
- Social service--Research--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Social service--Study and teaching (Higher)--California--San Diego--History--20th century
- Stumpf, Jack--Archives
- Jack Stumpf Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note