Clark and Nellie Alberti Family Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes papers, music programs, and clippings.
- 1893 - 1931
- Clark and Nellie Alberti (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Clark Alberti (1841-1931) spent 60 years in the newspaper business, part of the time as Associate Editor of the "Coronado Journal." In the 1920s he added photography to his interests. Clark Alberti married Nellie Hilligros, who sang as a soprano for many years in San Bernardino and San Diego. She was active in church music and music education activities (the Amphion Club) in San Diego from 1907 until the late 1920s.
0.21 Linear Feet (One half-size Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
- Alberti family--Archives
- Alberti, Clark, 1841-1931--Archives
- Alberti, Nellie Hilligros--Archives
- Amphion Club
- Coronado journal
- Newspaper publishing--California--Coronado
- Newspaper publishing--California--San Diego
- Personal Papers
- San Diego (Calif.)--Description and travel
- Sopranos (Singers)--California--San Bernardino
- Sopranos (Singers)--California--San Diego
- Clark and Nellie Alberti Family Papers
- André Ausems
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note