Center for Regional History Records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes planning papers, collection development records, correspondence, fundraising records, publications, fliers, brochures, annual and monthly reports, budgets, expense records, facilities files, purchase orders, travel records, personnel files, speeches, project files, outreach files, and general office files. Materials are filed alphabetically by file title, except for box 5, which includes rejections to the Center's solicitations for donations of archival records from community organizations.
- Center for Regional History (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Biographical or Historical Information
The San Diego History Research Center (SDHRC), later renamed the Center for Regional History (CRH), was a public history archives and museum housed in San Diego State University's Library. After a transitional period, the CRH's holdings were transferred to the library's Special Collections and University Archives department in 1988, where they still reside today.
4.42 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Center for Regional History
Accruals and Additions
- Institutional Archives
- San Diego Region (Calif.)--Historiography
- San Diego State University. Center for Regional History--Archives
- San Diego State University. Center for Regional History--History--Sources
- San Diego State University. Library. Deptartment of Special Collections
- San Diego State University. San Diego History Research Center--Archives
- San Diego State University. San Diego History Research Center--History--Sources
- Center for Regional History Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2019: Revised by Lucas Buresch, September 2019.