Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of correspondence, reports, photographs, clippings, maps and charts.
- Kendall-Frost Preserve (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections is such that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. When granted, permission is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
This is an artificial collection of records regarding the Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve in Mission Bay, and Mission Bay in general. The environmental consequences of dredging the bay to create a large recreational park were examined, and the negative impact mitigated by the creation of the Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve, which is the only remaining, non-dredged, pristine marsh area left in Mission Bay.
0.42 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Dr. Andrew Olson
Accruals and Additions
- Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve (San Diego, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- Marsh ecology--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Marshes--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Mission Bay (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- San Diego State University--Faculty--Biography--Sources
- Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note