Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection
Scope and Contents
The Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection documents development and environmental impact mitigation in San Diego's Mission bay and consists of correspondence, reports, photographs, clippings, maps and charts.
- 1935 - 1975
- Kendall-Frost Preserve (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
This is an artificial collection of records regarding the Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve in Mission Bay, and Mission Bay in general. The environmental consequences of dredging the bay to create a large recreational park were examined, and the negative impact mitigated by the creation of the Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve, which is the only remaining, non-dredged, pristine marsh area left in Mission Bay.
.21 Linear Feet (One half-size Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Dr. Andrew Olson
Accruals and Additions
- Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve (San Diego, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- Marsh ecology--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Marshes--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Mission Bay (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- San Diego State University--Faculty--Biography--Sources
- Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note