Kendall-Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve Collection
Scope and Contents
The Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve Collection documents development and environmental impact mitigation in San Diego's Mission Bay and consists of correspondence, reports, photographs, clippings, maps and charts.
- 1935 - 1975
- Kendall-Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
The Kendall-Frost Marsh Reserve was established in 1965 with land bought from the Kendall and Frost families by UC, San Diego to mitigate environmental impacts due to dredging and the development of Mission Bay as a recreational area in the 1950s and 1960s. The reserve and adjoining Northern Wildlife Preserve owned by the City of San Diego together encompass 40 acres of salt marsh and wetlands in Mission Bay, out of an esimated 2000 originally existing acres. The reserve remains in use a research site for the Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
.21 Linear Feet (One half-size Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Dr. Andrew Olson
Accruals and Additions
- Kendall-Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve (San Diego, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- Marsh ecology--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Marshes--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources
- Mission Bay (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- San Diego State University--Faculty--Biography--Sources
- Kendall-Frost Mission Bay Marsh Reserve Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note