F. T. Moore Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection features a handwritten memoir detailing Moore's and the 2nd Regiment's involvement in the Civil War, as well as Confederate forms, manuscripts, correspondence, and newspaper clippings.
- Moore, Francis T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Frank T. Moore was a Captain in Company "L" of the 2nd Regiment of the Illinois Calvary. The Company was commanded by S. G. Delano and nicknamed "Delano's Dragoons" after the commander.
1.34 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Confederate States of America--History, Military--Sources
- Confederate States of America. Army
- Moore, Frank T.--Archives
- Personal Papers
- United States--History, Military--19th century--Sources
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Personal narratives
- United States. Army. Illinois Cavalry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865). Company L
- F. T. Moore Papers
- Marita Johnson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note