San Diego County Water Authority Records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of memoranda, notes, reports, maps and newspaper clippings from the San Diego County Water Authority.
- 1938 - 1976
- San Diego County Water Authority (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
The San Diego County Water Authority was annexed to the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California in 1946. The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a public corporation, organized in 1928 under the authority of the Metropolitan Water District Act. This act provided a means by which groups of cities and certain other governmental subdivisions such as water districts, not necessarily contiguous, could join together for the development of a water supply.
1 Linear Feet (One records carton)
Language of Materials
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)--Water rights--History--20th century--Sources
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Calif.)--Maps
- Organizational Records
- San Diego County Water Authority--Archives
- Water resources development--California--San Diego County--History--20th century
- Water-supply--California--San Diego County--History--20th century--Sources
- Water-supply--California--San Diego County--Management--History--20th century--Sources
- San Diego County Water Authority Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note