Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Jim Bates Papers contains files from several of the committees and subcommittees Bates served on, as well as from some of his more well-known bills: specifically the subcommittee on Procurement and Printing, and the subjects of Navy procurement fraud, the Rural Electrification Administration's loan program, and emergency care for trauma victims. The collection contains information on bills which Bates supported, and gives quarterly histories of his...
Scope and Contents The Samuel I. Hayakawa Papers document Hayakawa's term as a United States Senator. The collection comes from Hayakawa's San Diego-based regional office, one of five regional offices in California, and consists only of office records. The San Diego regional office covered the counties of San Diego, Imperial Valley, Riverside, and San Bernardino. The records consist of biographical data on Hayakawa, correspondence, invitations, office memos, press releases,...
Dates: 1959-1982; Majority of material found in 1970-1982
- Legislators--California--Sources 1
- Politicians--California--San Diego 1
- United States--Politics and government--1981-1989 1
- United States--Politics and government--1989- 1
- Bates, Jim 1
- Bates, Jim--Archives 1
- Hayakawa, S. I. (Samuel Ichiyé), 1906-1992--Archives 1
- Hayakawa, Samuel I. (Ichiyé) (Samuel Ichiyé Hayakawa) 1