Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection includes documentation on local arts and artists, city planning, commerce and manufacturing, crime and criminals, higher education, entertainment, local government and politics, state government and politics, journalists and journalism, law and legal profession, newspapers, police, radio and television, tourism, and transportation.
This collection documents the origins of San Diego County place names. Norma L. McCumber (nee Hawkins) began collecting the information as a hobby in 1946. She addressed her inquiries to local chambers of commerce and post offices. The collection includes several responses, as well as Mrs. McCumber's notes on the subject.
Also included are two letters addressed to Harry L. McCumber, past president of the Conference of California Historical Societies.
- Journalists--California--San Diego 1
- Names, Geographical--California--San Diego County--History--Sources 1
- Television producers and directors--California--San Diego--Biography--Sources 1
- Keen, Harold 1
- Keen, Harold, 1912-1981 1
- McCumber, Harry L.--Archives 1
- McCumber, Harry L.--Correspondence 1
- McCumber, Norma L. 1