Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Joyce and Leon Nower papers document the formation of the San Diego State University Women's Studies Program and free speech activism in San Diego late 1960s and early 1970s. The papers traces curriculum development for the women's studies courses and document the Nower's committment to supporting women's rights and black communities. The files also contain information about projects advocating the formation of one of the first women's shelter for survivors of domestic violence in San...
Scope and Contents The Women's Studies Department Records (1966-2006) document the growth and development of the first women's studies department in the nation, including its formation, early relationship with the Center for Women's Studies and Services (CWSS), now named Center for Community Solutions, course development, student work, and interactions between students and faculty with local, national, and international women's groups. It includes annual reports, self studies,...
- Feminism--Study and teaching (Higher)--California--San Diego--History--Sources 1
- Institutional Archives 1
- Photographs 1
- Slides 1
- Video Recordings 1
- Women college students--California--San Diego--History--Sources 1
- Women's studies--California--San Diego--History--Sources 1 ∧ less
- Nower, Joyce 1
- Nower, Joyce (1932-2010) 1
- Nower, Leon 1
- San Diego State College--Faculty--History--20th century--Sources 1
- San Diego State University. Women's Studies Department--Archives 1
- Women's Studies Department 1 ∧ less