Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This scrapbook was compiled by San Diego resident G. Hamilton Hammon. Hammon, who was an artist and poet, included fair copies of original manuscript poems, as well as striking handpainted vignettes of San Diego scenes. Several photographs are also present. Most poems are dated and give a place of composition. Most places are in California; the last poem is from Sydney, Australia, and dated 1911. Of particular interest is a handcolored photograph of "The Krishnamurti Camp, Ojai Valley,...
Scope and Contents The Hillel of San Diego Scrapbooks collection consists of four scrapbooks documenting the history of the Jewish Student Organization of San Diego from 1947 to 1976, preliminary decades to the formation of Hillel of San Diego under the auspices of the United Jewish Federation in 1977. The scrapbooks include by-laws and other organizational records, flyers, newspaper clippings, photographs, and newsletters advertising student events both on and off campus....
Dates: 1947 - 1976
Scope and Contents The Phi Sigma Nu Collection documents the activities, events, and people associated with the sorority on San Diego State's campus, primarily through scrapbooks. The collection dates from 1925-1976, with most of the materials dating to 1941. The scrapbooks in this collection are dated 1925-1976, 1928-1945, January 1946-February 1948, October 1947-Summer 1949, and 1972-1997. Included in these books are newspaper clippings of events, event flyers,...
Scope and Contents The Rawson J. Pickard Bastard Scrapbook belonged to Dr. Rawson J. Pickard, M. D. It is a repurposed book, formerly an anatomy textbook in French, the pages of which Dr. Rawson pasted over with various news clippings and pieces of ephemera. The spine has been altered to say “Tutti Bastardi” (All Bastards), with “A Curse” upon bastards typed as the title page to the volume. The items pasted onto the pages include newspaper clippings, letters, political campaign...
- Organizational Records 2
- American poetry--20th century 1
- American poetry--California--San Diego 1
- Hillel of San Diego State University--Archives 1
- Jewish college students--California--San Diego--Societies, etc 1
- Jews--California--San Diego 1
- Jews--California--San Diego--Societies, etc 1
- Personal Papers 1
- Photographs 1
- San Diego (Calif.)--Pictorial works 1
- Women college students--California--San Diego--Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- G. Hamilton Hammon 1
- Greek letter societies--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Hammon, G. Hamilton--Collectibles 1
- Hillel of San Diego 1
- Jewish Historical Society of San Diego 1