Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The Larry McCaffery Papers (1919-2009) document four decades of McCaffery’s distinguished career as a literary critic and professor of English at San Diego State University. The collection includes manuscripts of McCaffery’s literary interviews with well-known contemporary American and postmodern writers; correspondence; research files; lecture notes; clippings; book objects; and more. The majority of materials date from the 1980s and 1990s and focus...
Dates: 1919-2009; Majority of material found in 1976-2005
Scope and Contents The Madeline Tabler Collection documents the creative process behind writing children's and young adult literature. The collection dates from 1963-1975. The collection consists primarily of unpublished manuscripts and published articles. It has accordingly been divided into two series, Manuscripts and Articles. The Manuscripts series includes several unpublished manuscripts written by...
Scope and Contents The John R. Theobald Collection documents Theobald's writings. The collection dates from the 1920s to 1989 with many materials undated. Most of Theobald's papers are included in the Professional and Personal series. The Laurence McGilvery series comprises additional materials later donated by Laurence McGilvery, a San Diego bookseller who was involved in the production of Theobald's anthology of...
- Subject: American literature--20th century X
- American literature--20th century 2
- American literature--20th century--Sources 2
- Personal Papers 2
- Authors, American--20th century--Biography--Sources 1
- French poetry--Translations into English 1
- Chinese 1
- Japanese 1
- Russian 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930--Criticism and interpretation 1
- McCaffery, Larry 1
- San Diego State University--Faculty--Biography--Sources 1
- Tabler, Madeline (Madeline Ann Balch McDougal Tabler) 1
- Tabler, Madeline, 1922-2002--Archives 1