Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Materials in the Richard Alf Papers document Alf's various businesses, including his comic book mail order business and store, as well as his involvement with San Diego Comic-Con, the largest comic and pop culture convention in the world. The collection includes correspondence, original artwork, publications, business files, and San Diego Comic-Con materials. The collection is divided into four series: Personal Files, ...
Dates: 1955-2011; Majority of material found in 1968-1977
Scope and Contents Materials in the Donna Barr Papers document the professional career and creative process of Donna Barr. The collection includes a variety of document types including correspondence, original artwork, and research materials. A large part of the papers consist of versions of her illustrations, manuscripts, and personal documents. The papers have been divided into ten series: Correspondence, Administrative Files, ...
Scope and Contents This scrapbook consists of newspaper clippings brilliantly hand-colored in watercolor by Susanna Bruff, and pasted onto pages of a discarded catalogue. Each clipping is an issue of a popular comic strip entitled Ethel, which was drawn by Ethel Hays and syndicated in the 1920s. Using the daily adventures of flapper Ethel, each comic is a commentary on the changing role of woman in 1920s American society. Topics covered by the comic strips include: advances in...
Scope and Contents The Comics and Science Fiction Fandom Collection consists of publications, ephemera, memorabilia and artwork acquired from 2004- at various comics and science fiction conventions and conferences in the Southern California region, particularly San Diego Comic-Con International. Promotional literature for related degree programs and centers around the country, as well as programs for academic conferences, document a rise in popular arts studies over the past...
Scope and Contents
The collection includes biographical information, correspondence, with the bulk being newspapers, newsletters, magazines, books and specialty publications in which Bulbul cartoons and comics appear.
Scope and Contents The Zines and Minicomics Collection combines materials from two former collections known as the West Coast Zines Collection and the Comics Collection. The collection ranges from 1985 to the present and includes zines and minicomics on a variety of topics. Concentrations include identity politics (especially riot grrrl, people of color and LGBTQ topics), sexuality and reproductive rights, punk...
Dates: 1985-; Majority of material found in 1995-
- Subject: Comic books, strips, etc. X
- Comic books, strips, etc. 4
- Personal Papers 3
- Comic books, strips, etc.--Collectors and collecting 2
- Feminism 2
- Alf, Richard--Archives 1
- American poetry--20th century 1
- Anarchism 1
- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Caricatures and cartoons--United States 1
- Comic books, strips, etc.--Periodicals 1
- Desert Peach (Fictitious character) 1
- Desert Peach (Fictitious character)--Comic books, strips, etc 1
- Fans (Persons)--United States--California 1
- Flappers--1920-1930 1
- Gender 1
- Music 1
- Nazis--Comic books, strips, etc 1
- Politics 1
- Popular culture 1
- Riot grrrl movement 1
- Riot grrrl movement--Periodicals 1
- San Diego (Calif.)--History 1
- Science fiction, American--History and criticism--Sources 1
- Science fiction--Collectors and collecting 1
- Science fiction--Periodicals 1
- Self-care, Health 1
- Transgender people 1
- Underground comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Women 1
- Women artists 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Comic books, strips, etc 1
- Young women 1
- Zines 1 ∧ less
- Alf, Richard 1
- Barr, Donna 1
- Barr, Donna, 1952--Archives 1
- Bülbül, 1936- 1
- Guracar, Genny (Gen Guracar) 1