Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Agnes Osgood Collection documents her involvement as a community activist in the San Diego area, with a particular focus on the Lemon Grove community. The collection is comprised of correspondence, employee business cards, newspaper clippings, Congregational church membership documentation, and documentation detailing the history of Lemon Grove. Highlights of the collection include letters to Osgood from Project Concern's South Vietnamese branch during...
Dates: 1894-1977; Majority of material found in 1960-1975
Scope and Contents The Anthony F. Sonka Papers (1906-1972) document Sonka's business activities in Lemon Grove, including his role with the Lemon Grove Chamber of Commerce. Of particular interest is an anecdote of the famous Hatfield Flood (1916) in the Tony Sonka Day file, and Sonka's involvement with the installment of Lemon Grove's giant lemon. Arranged alphabetically, the collection includes correspondence, photographs, golf score cards, membership cards, a Padres ticket...
- Businessmen--California--Lemon Grove--Biography--Sources 1
- Lemon Grove (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Lemon Grove (Calif.)--Social conditions--Sources 1
- Lemon Grove (Calif.)--Social life and customs--Sources 1
- Photographs 1
- Lemon Grove Congregational Church (Lemon Grove, Calif.)--Registers 1
- Osgood, Agnes 1
- Osgood, Agnes, b. 1890--Archives 1
- Sonka, Anthony F. 1
- Sonka, Anthony F., 1885-1974--Archives 1