Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents The collection primarily documents Amsden's work with the American Red Cross and the Federal Department of Vocational Education in France between 1918 and 1919, as well as her later work at the San Diego State College of Business teaching stenography and shorthand. The collection includes correspondence, newspaper clippings, resumes, work reports, speeches, photographs, a scrapbook, and various artifacts including patches, pins, buttons and a bracelet, and souvenir and guide books. ...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of manuscript drafts for the book Seashore Animals of the Pacific Coast, photographs, and scrapbooks. The scrapbooks are particularly noteworthy, and contain images of the 1915-1916 San Diego Exposition and other scenes of life in the early city. The photograph albums document Johnson's frequent participation in the annual Sierra Club outings to Yosemite and other national parks between 1914 and 1928, and include photographs of...
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of correspondence, reports, photographs, clippings, maps and charts.
Scope and Contents The Louis A. Kenney Papers document Kenney's years as University Librarian at San Diego State University. The collection dates from 1914-1992, and has been divided into four series: Correspondence, Professional Files, Printing Ephemera, and Scrapbooks.The Correspondence series includes Kenney's ingoing and outgoing correspondence from 1960 to 1980, as...
Dates: 1914-1992; Majority of material found in 1950-1992
Scope and Contents The Orrin Edgar Klapp Papers documents the sociologist's career as a professor, naval officer, and professor at San Diego State College from 1949 to 1969. The collection is comprised of information pertaining to the history of the Hydrographic Office during WWII, correspondence to and from Klapp, newspaper clippings, and a handwritten manuscript of his work, A Materialist Metaphysics. Other highlights include manuscripts from...
- Personal Papers 4
- Academic librarians--California--San Diego--Biography--Sources 1
- Academic librarians--California--San Diego--Correspondence 1
- Artifacts 1
- Censorship--Netherlands--Early works to 1800 1
- Censorship--Netherlands--History--16th century 1
- Kendall-Frost Marsh Preserve (San Diego, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Marine animals--Pacific Coast (America) 1
- Marsh ecology--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Marshes--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Mission Bay (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Photograph albums--Specimens 1
- Shorthand--Study and teaching--Sources 1
- Sociologists--California--San Diego--Biography--Sources 1 ∧ less
- American National Red Cross--Biography--Sources 1
- Amsden, Georgia C. 1
- Amsden, Georgia C., 1883-1968--Archives 1
- Amsden, Georgia C., 1883-1968--Travel--France 1
- Johnson, Myrtle Elizabeth 1
- Johnson, Myrtle Elizabeth, 1881-1967--Archives 1
- Johnson, Myrtle Elizabeth, 1881-1967--Travel 1
- Kendall-Frost Preserve 1
- Kenney, Louis A. 1
- Kenney, Louis A., 1917--Archives 1
- Kenney, Louis A., 1917--Correspondence 1
- Klapp, Orrin Edgar 1
- Klapp, Orrin Edgar, 1915--Archives 1
- San Diego State University. Library. Department of Special Collections--History--Sources 1 ∧ less