Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Peter Bohmer Collection documents Bohmer's brief tenure as a professor of economics at San Diego State College from fall 1970 to summer 1972, the protracted investigations and occasionally violent events leading to his dismissal, and Bohmer's subsequent arrest and imprisonment for his role in blocking a section of railroad used to ship supplies to Camp Pendleton in protest against the Vietnam war. Additionally, the collection contains materials that...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1964 - 1973
Scope and Contents The Donald E. Walker Papers consists of correspondence and administrative files created by Walker's office during his tenure as Acting President of San Diego State College, 1971-1972. Of particular note are Walker's correspondence and statements to the faculty, university senate and students regarding campus unrest and the controversy surrounding professor Peter Bohmer's reappointment. The collection is organized into three series: ...
Dates: Created: 1971 - 1972
- Names: Bohmer, Peter X
- College presidents' spouses--California--San Diego--Biography--Sources 1
- College presidents--California--San Diego 1
- Deans (Education)--California--San Diego--Sources 1
- Peace movements--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Protest movements--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 1