Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This small collection consists primarily of research materials used by Merle Clayton, author of several local history pieces for San Diego Magazine. The materials consist of paper records, photographs, and several copies of San Diego Magazine. Clayton did a series of pieces on topics in the history of theatre and performing arts in San Diego, and most of this material pertains to that work.Series I, ...
Dates: 1951-1976; Majority of material found in 1970-1973
Scope and Contents The Lowell Davies Papers consist of correspondence, organizational documents, architectural records, financial records, meeting minutes, committee reports, programs, publications, newspaper and magazine clippings, publicity announcement, and photographs. The collection measures 7.5 linear feet and spans the period from 1911 to 1988. The materials in this collection pertain to the production and physical history of the San Diego Old Globe Theatre (San Diego Community Theatre), including...
Scope and Contents The Klauber Family Scrapbook Collection consists of three scrapbooks containing programs for various performance arts events from 1896 to 1932. Various performing arts events include theater shows, recitals, operas, Califa, a historical California pageant, and other miscellaneous productions the Klauber family attended. Most of the theaters were located in San Diego, but the Klauber family also attended productions in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York....
Scope and Contents
This collection includes photographs of Lyric Opera productions from 1990-2000. The collection is arranged chronologically by the name of each production. Materials include 35 mm film slides and contact sheets.
Scope and Contents The Old Globe Theatre Records document the operation, administration, creative history, development, and growth of California’s longest-running not-for-profit regional theatre. The records contain detailed documentation of numerous productions, correspondence, promotional materials, and organizational and administrative records. The Old Globe Theatre Records are divided into fifteen series: Historical...
Dates: 1885-2012; Majority of material found in 1935-2005
- Subject: Theaters--California--San Diego X
- Theaters--California--San Diego 4
- Theaters--California--San Diego--History 4
- Personal Papers 2
- Photographs 2
- Theater--California--San Diego--History--20th century--Sources 2
- Balboa Park (San Diego, Calif.)--History--Sources 1
- Los Angeles (Calif.) 1
- Old Globe Theatre (San Diego, Calif.)--Archives 1
- Old Globe Theatre (San Diego, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources 1
- Old Globe Theatre (San Diego, Calif.)--History--Sources 1
- Performing arts--California 1
- Performing arts--California--History--20th century--Sources 1
- San Diego County (Calif.)--Social life and customs--Sources 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) 1 ∧ less
- Davies, Lowell, 1895-1983 2
- Noel, Craig 2
- Old Globe Theatre (San Diego, Calif.) 2
- Cassius Carter Centre Stage (San Diego, Calif.) 1
- Clayton, Merle 1