Cuyamaca Club Records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes photocopies of the Constitution, Articles of Incorporation, by-laws, and a biographical sketch of the chairman at the time of donation.
- Majority of material found in 1887, 1978
- Cuyamaca Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
Incorporated on April 25, 1887, the Cuyamaca Club is the oldest chartered private social club in California. Its original primary purpose was to accommodate the social needs of local businessmen. In 1908, the club was moved from its temporary quarters in the Bancroft Building located at Fifth and G Streets into the Land Title Building at Second Avenue and Broadway. The Cuyamaca Club opened its membership to women in 1923.
0.21 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Cuyamaca Club Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note