Save Talmadge Canyon Committee Records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence, research notes, clippings, articles, public hearing documents, and the committee's final Environmental Impact Report.
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
The Save Talmadge Canyon Committee was a grass-roots organization that successfully worked to encourage the City of San Diego to revise its "Mid-City Community Plan," the goal of which was selling city-owned land in Talmadge Canyon for low-income housing.
0.83 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Marilyn G. Colombo
- City planning--California--San Diego
- Community action--California--San Diego
- Environmental impact analysis--California--San Diego
- Low-income housing
- Low-income housing--California--San Diego
- Organizational Records
- Political participation--California--San Diego
- San Diego (Calif.). Mid-city community plan
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee (San Diego, Calif.)--Archives
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee Records
- Ellen Jarosz
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note