Save Talmadge Canyon Committee Records
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence, research notes, clippings, articles, public hearing documents, and the committee's final Environmental Impact Report.
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some of these materials have been transferred to or belong to San Diego State University. The nature of historical archival and manuscript collections means that copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Copyright resides with the creators of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. Requests for permission to publish must be submitted to the Head of Special Collections, San Diego State University, Library and Information Access. Permissions is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical item and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder(s), which must also be obtained in order to publish. Materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials.
The Save Talmadge Canyon Committee was a grass-roots organization that successfully worked to encourage the City of San Diego to revise its "Mid-City Community Plan," the goal of which was selling city-owned land in Talmadge Canyon for low-income housing.
0.83 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Marilyn G. Colombo
- City planning--California--San Diego
- Community action--California--San Diego
- Environmental impact analysis--California--San Diego
- Low-income housing
- Low-income housing--California--San Diego
- Organizational Records
- Political participation--California--San Diego
- San Diego (Calif.). Mid-city community plan
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee (San Diego, Calif.)--Archives
- Save Talmadge Canyon Committee Records
- Ellen Jarosz
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note