Environmental Issues Collection
Scope and Contents
The Environmental Issues Collection consists of thirteen boxes of Environmental Impact Reports (EIR) and other similar documents mainly for development projects in the San Diego area from 1986 to 1997. Of note are reports concerning water treatment and sewerage systems, the Miramar and Pendleton military bases, and residential development.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright interests in some or all of these materials have not been transferred to San Diego State University. Copyright resides with the creator(s) of materials contained in the collection or their heirs. The nature of archival collections is such that multiple creators are often applicable and copyright status may be difficult or even impossible to determine. In any case, the user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, obtaining publication rights and copyright infringement. When requesting images from Special Collections & University Archives for publication, we require a signed agreement waiving San Diego State University of any liability in the event of a copyright violation.
15.30 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Materials are filed chronologically.
Other Descriptive Information
Standard abbreviations used in the container list are as follows:
Biological Technical Report (BTR)
Environmental Assessment (EA)
Environmental Alternatives Analysis (EAA)
- Camp Pendleton (Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- Community development, Urban--California--San Diego County--History--20th century--Sources
- Environmental impact analysis--California--San Diego County
- Environmental impact statements--California--San Diego County
- Land use--California--San Diego County--Planning--History--20th century--Sources
- Naval Air Station (Miramar, Calif.)--History--20th century--Sources
- Personal Papers
- Water treatment plants--Environmental aspects--California--San Diego County--History
- Environmental Issues Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note